The modern business landscape is highly competitive and it is equally costly to run a business. Smaller businesses now have to compete with global brands due to globalization.
In such an environment, an entrepreneur has to think outside the box to survive.
If you are running a business in Chicago, you will agree that one of the top challenges (there are many) in your operations is the lack of adequate storage space.
Overcoming Business Storage Blues
The cost of real estate space is prohibitive and small businesses are forced to scale down on operations.
However, it doesn’t have to be this way.
Storage units in Chicago provide a timely solution for small businesses looking for temporary space for their items. There is no need to rent more premises to accommodate your growing business now.
Self-Storage Rental Statistics
Renting self-storage in the city is an alternative that has become more popular with both individuals and businesses.
This has spurred this industry, with one report noting the industry grew by up to 7% from 2011 to 2016.
What’s more, a recent report on the industry shows self-storage is the fastest growing of the entire U.S real estate industry over the last 35 years.
Why go for Self-Storage Solutions?
If you are not leveraging these facilities for your storage solutions, you are missing out on a lot of opportunities.
Below are just some of the reasons more businesses are being attracted to self-storage facilities in Chicago:
- Keeping your inventory safe: One of the greatest concerns when it comes to business storage is safety. When starting a new business, you might not have much say on the neighborhood you find. This means security might be insufficient, hence the choice of off-site storage for your valuable inventories. Any excess inventory can conveniently be stored and you will enjoy peace of mind. Most facilities provide 24-hour surveillance and security personnel to keep the premises safe.
- Easy access: Most storage facilities are conveniently located near main roads for easier access. Whenever you want to access your storage, all you need is a key. Some storage facilities allow 24/7 access, making it even more convenient in case you are running your business round-the-clock.
- Versatile storage: Whatever type of business you are running, it is now possible to find a facility that offers suitable storage solutions. For instance, document storage requires a climate-controlled environment and many facilities offer such units. You can also find units specifically designed for furniture storage, fabrics and other items.
- De-cluttering: One of the main causes of poor productivity is a disorganized workplace. If there are documents and items placed haphazardly on the premises, your workers will find it hard to operate smoothly. De-cluttering also provides more space, which can be put to better use because all items that are not being used currently are taken to a self-storage facility.
- Affordability: Renting a self-storage unit is more affordable than buying real estate space. You don’t have to worry about maintenance costs, security and other expenses that come with your own real estate space in the city.
If you are wondering how you can optimize your operations and cut costs at the same time, it is time to check different self-storage rentals available in Chicago.